Picture by mlsj1_99 on Flickr

Monday, June 7, 2010

Tool #10

The educational apps I looked at were NASA and Math Drills Lite. I could see using those in class. We teach space in science and it had some great photos. I could see letting the students practice their math facts with the other app. They usually don't like practicing them. However, I think practicing math facts on an iTouch or iPad would get them more interested.

I haven't had an opportunity to look at either device.

As I mentioned above, I think downloading the Math Drills Lite app to either one would be a great way for them to practice. Students could use an iPad or iTouch during centers/stations to practice math facts. They could also research by using apps, such as NASA. I think both of these devices would be great motivators to get the "hard-to-motivate" student interested in learning. They might actually want to participate if the technology is involved.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your thoughts on how educational apps can make a "boring" subject an exciting one for students. These devices and the apps that we put on them are a great tool for getting even the least motivated student engaged in learning.

    ReplyDelete